Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the academic year 2010-11 with an intake of 60 and 12 lateral entry students. The department has 20 well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty and 4 Non-Teaching faculty, having specialization in diversified areas of technology.
The Department has laboratories such as workshop, Thermal Engineering Lab, Metallurgy & Instrumentation Lab, Heat Transfer, Machine Tools & Metrology Lab, CAD/CAM Lab, Fluid Machines & Hydraulic Machines Lab and Mechanics of Solids Lab. All the labs are fully supported with 24-hours power supply. The department consists of 3 well-furnished classrooms for theory classes and 1 Fully Equipped Seminar Hall.
Apart from Central library the Dept. is Providing Library facility to the students with huge amount of volumes and Number of National and International level Journals.
To improve the interactions among the students and to make them to explore towards the society we plan activities like Seminars, Workshops and Social events Through NSS.
- To excel in preparing mechanical engineering graduates with core knowledge, advanced skills and professional ethics in order to meet the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
- M1: To provide the students with the best of knowledge by imparting quality education in the area of Mechanical Engineering and allied fields.
- M2: To facilitate the students by providing the interaction with Mechanical Engineering related companies to be part of technological advancements which enhances employment opportunities.
- M3: To inculcate self learning abilities, leadership qualities and professional ethics among the students to serve the society.
Mr. S. Phaneendra He is working as Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering in Balaji Institute of Technology & Sciences, Narsampet , Warangal, Telangana. He graduated in Mechanical Engineering at BITS, Narsampet, Telangana. He secured Master of CAD/CAM at Ellenki College of Engineering & awarded MBA in human resource management at NIBM, Banglore. He is in the teaching profession for more than 10 years, He has versatile experience in the fields of Teaching, Software, Mechanical core and Administration. He shouldered responsibilities of Dean, Students Affairs, In charge IEEE and Training & Placement Officer. He selected as Technical Guru to take care of scheme of IDEA Lab. He was a principal investigator in fabricating E-Bike, Go-Kart & E-Rikshaw, He organised many workshops, conferences & FDP’s. He was a recipient for the “YOUNG ACHIEVER AWARD“ from NOVEL RESEARCH ACADEMY for A.Y: 2021-22, He has 20 publications & 3 patents to his credit. He deals with subjects RES, EM, ED, MSE e.t.c., He guided four M. Tech and twenty five B. Tech projects, He delivered guest lecture on Outcome Based Education for all faculty of BITS. He presented many motivational talks on Career & Personality Development. He has a lot of inclination for teaching and administration. He is ever energetic and indefatigable in executing all the works assigned to him by his competent authorities.
Mr. S. Phaneendra
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering Fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to Engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological Change.