Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in 2007-2008. The department offers a four year degree program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an annual intake of 60 students and increased to 120 students in 2012. The department also offers a two year M.Tech program in Electrical Power Systems with an annual intake of 30 students and Three Years Diploma (DEE) Course with an annual intake of 60 Students. The purpose of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering is to provide professional training, and at the same time to participate actively in applied and theoretical research. The Department strives to instill in students the attitudes, values, vision and training that will prepare them for lifetimes of continued learning and leadership, to develop the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively, and effectively for the benefit of society; to generate new knowledge for the betterment of humankind and disseminate it universally; and to generate realistic and innovative solutions for the current and future technological needs.
- To nurture excellence in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering by imparting core values to the learners and to mould the institution into a centre of academic excellence and advanced research.
- M1: To impart students with high technical knowledge to make globally adept to the new Technologies.
- M2: To create, disseminate and integrate knowledge of engineering, science and technology that expands the electrical engineering knowledge base towards research.
- M3: To provide the students with a platform for developing new products and systems that can help industry and society as a whole.
Dr. Singireddy Mallikarjun Reddy is working as Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 2007 onwards. He received his B.Tech Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Nagarjuna University, Guntur in 1995. M.Tech Degree in Electrical Power Engineering during the year 2008 from JNTU Hyderabad and obtained his Ph.D in 2022. He has 24 years of Teaching Experience, Dr. S. Mallikarjun Reddy has made significant contributions to research and education. He has since been actively involved in both teaching and research. His areas of expertise include Power Systems, Renewable Energy, Green Energy systems etc. He has published numerous research papers in reputed International journals and Conferences. Received Best Teacher Award for the Academic Year 2017-18 by Telangana Private Engineering College Association and APJ Abdul Kalam Foundation on 5th September, 2018.
Dr. Singireddy Mallikarjun Reddy
After completion of the Program, Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of basic sciences and fundamental engineering concepts in solving engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify and define engineering problems, conduct experiments and investigate to analyze and interpret data to arrive at substantial conclusions.
- Design/development of solutions: Propose an appropriate solution for engineering problems complying with functional constraints such as economic, environmental, societal, ethical, safety and sustainability.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Perform investigations, design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret the results to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Select/develop and apply appropriate techniques and IT tools for the design & analysis of the systems.
- The engineer and society: Give reasoning and assess societal, health, legal and cultural issues with competency in professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Demonstrate professional skills and contextual reasoning to assess environmental/societal issues for sustainable development.
- Ethics: An ability to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary situations.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate and apply engineering & management principles in their own / team projects in multidisciplinary environment.
- Life-long learning: An ability to do the needs of current technological trends at electrical industry by bridging the gap between academic & industry.