Department of CSE (AI & ML)
The Department of CSE (AI & ML) was established in 2020. The department offers a four year degree program in AI&ML with an annual intake of 120 students. The department aims to develop a strong foundation by using the principles and technologies that consist of many facets of Artificial Intelligence including probabilistic models, knowledge representation and machine learning. The course is designed to give the students enough exposure to the variety of applications that can be built using models covered under this program. The mission is a culmination of our effort to meet the mission of BALAJI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE Engineering and the department's overall objective.
Dr. Vijay Kumar Janga, Obtained PhD from Acharya Nagarjuna Univeristy, Guntur under the guidance of Prof E Srinivasa Reddy. The research title is “Epilepsy Detection Framework Using Machine Learning Techniques” and specialization is Machine learning and Optimization Techniques. Published 2 SCI, 2 Web of Science and 10 Scopus indexed Journals and attended 8 national 6 International Conferences. Authored one Text book tilted”Reserach Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence. Had 12 years of Domestic Teaching and 8 years of International Teaching Experience and taught advanced courses like Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer vision and Robotics etc.
Other Research interests include Computer Vision and Image Processing, Cloud Processing, Machine Learning.
Dr. Vijay Kumar Janga
graduate of the Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Program will demonstrate:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments. to manage projects.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.